Thursday, May 5, 2011

Reflections of AED 200

My expectations of this course was to learn about art and the history of art.  It is fair to say that my expectations have been met.  I have learned more about art than I expected to and enjoyed most of it.  Learning about art has not been very interesting in the past but this course gave me a different perspective about art.

I personally described art as a array of many different things.  Art can not be simply defined but I will define it as a creation of something that the artist displays or shares with other people.  Originally I just thought of art as paintings on the wall or in a museum.  During this course I learned that art is not just paintings but can be music, sculptors, music, etc...

During my first posting I did not have a favorite artist.  I was not very familiar with artists or viewed enough art to known an artist.  I honestly can not say I have a favorite artist after this course.  I have seen so many different types of artwork that I loved that I can not decide.  All different types of art appeal to me now such as sculptors, lights and paintings.  I also like modern but also historical artists.

I enjoyed taking this course online.  Taking online courses give me an opportunity to kind of work at my own pace and not feel rushed or obligated to get know information immediately.  I also liked that the class still featured interaction between the students even though there was not a classroom.  Yes, I still feel the same way I felt before taking this course.  I have taken many online classes in the past and I enjoy doing so.  Working full-time and going to school full-time is a lot of work but having online classes give me an opportunity to have some down time and not be at school all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment